Using PayPal with Silent Partner - Downloading Transactions
Downloading PayPal Donations and Transferring Funds
See Previous Topic: Using PayPal with Silent Partner - Setup
With this module you are able to easily download your PayPal donation records into Silent Partner in a few short steps.
- Open up the batch in Silent Partner that you want the PayPal donations to download into.
- Go to Functions → Import PayPal Donations.
- Click on “Download and process”.
- Type in your “User name” and “Password” → These are the same ones you use for the Cloud. Then choose a date range for the download (you can leave the “time” fields at the default). “Motivation code” and “Donation type” are filters; it is best to leave them as they are so that it will always download all available donations. When you’re done click “OK”.
- Now you should have a list of all the donations available for processing (the payments themselves are processed by PayPal so these are simply the records of them). Highlight the ones that you wish to process and then click “Add”.
- Silent Partner is designed to check these donors downloaded through PayPal against your existing donor list and add the donations to existing donors or create new ones when necessary. If there is a potential duplicate donor, Silent Partner will inform you of it and ask how you wish to proceed (either confirm that they are the same donor or create a new one).
And with that you now have the records of those PayPal donors and their donations in your Silent Partner!
Transferring Funds from PayPal to your Bank:
Your PayPal account will act like another bank account, storing your money until you transfer it out. If you’ve linked your PayPal account to another banking institution you can simply transfer the funds in your PayPal account to your organization’s bank account.
- Now whenever you receive notifications from PayPal that you have new donations you can log into your PayPal account and go to: “My Account” → “Withdraw” → “Transfer to Bank Account”. From there just follow the steps and provide the information needed to transfer the money to your bank account of choice.
Using PayPal with Silent Partner - Setup
Initial Setup: Before we can install the new Online Donations Module a few maintenance Items we’ll need to take care of first. Sign-up for a Nonprofit PayPal account if you have not done so. (instructions here) Link your PayPal account to the bank ...
Questions About PayPal?
You may have seen that Silent Partner offers integration with PayPal donations and have some questions about it. Here is a quick resource guide to PayPal for nonprofits: Why use PayPal? PayPal nonprofit FAQs How does PayPal approve Canadian charities ...
Online Donations - PayPal: Creating buttons
Creating and Testing your Form in the PayPal Sandbox The PayPal Sandbox has been set up to work exactly like the live PayPal site, except no real currency changes hands. You can make and receieve donations, view transaction history, refund donations, ...
PayPal Setup for Charities
[ratings] Signing up for a Non-profit PayPal Account: Step 1: Paypal – NonProfit Solutions website https://merchant.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=marketing_ca/donations&nav=0.3.3 This web page will give you an overview of the ...
Online Donations - PayPal: Configuration
PayPal Configuration - Home Managing Online Donations is a multi-step, multi-component process. Silent Partner Software is here to help your donors donate online, and to help you manage donor and donation data in a secure and efficient manner. The ...
Learn what you need to know, any time. Free!
- High quality training on demand - sessions are available every day, so you can access training that fits into your schedule.
- Training sessions that are easy to follow - helpful tips throughout each session, and access to training moderators ensure your questions get answered.
- A certificate of completion - you can request a certificate of completion for every session you attend.